It’s midday during the work week… Do you know where you’re finding lunch? Escape the office—or meet a friend or client—at a Downtown lunch spot or coffee shop. We’ve rounded up a few suggestions.
Red Oak Eats ‘N Treats
Red Oak Eats ‘N Treats, Missouri’s first “room to table” restaurant, serves food that includes hydroponically produced ingredients grown inside the eatery. Grab all-day breakfast or avocado toast for an afternoon pick-me-up during the work day. Lunching with a group? Pizza and other savory treats are available.
1330 Washington Ave., redoakeats.com
Catalyst Coffee Bar
Need to make a good impression? Meet at Catalyst Coffee Bar and show off your philanthropic side. Catalyst Coffee Bar is a nonprofit supporting Art St. Louis. Cappuccino sure is a tasty way to donate to the arts, right? Baked goods from Whisk: A Sustainable Bakeshop are also available.
1223 Pine St., facebook.com/catalystcoffeestl
We have five words for you: build your own pasta bowl. Pasta is made up of carbs, and carbs give you energy, which you need to rock this afternoon’s budget presentation. That’s how it works, right? Stop by for lunch or dinner, or after work for a cocktail, like the Negroni Slushy.
634 Washington Ave., poranopasta.com
Mr. Currys Indian Buffet
Need to pick a place for the group? Mr. Currys Indian Buffet offers an all-you-can-eat lunch on weekdays from 11 a.m. until 2:15 p.m. for less than $15 per person. Check the menu online to see that day’s offerings, and remember that Tuesday is vegan day. (One or two vegan noodle dishes are available on other days as well.)
612 Olive St., mrcurrys.com
Local favorite Kaldi’s has a variety of Downtown-exclusive menu items available at the Citygarden location. Hold your next coffee meeting here and let the nearby artwork inspire your brainstorm, or stop by for a solo meal. If you get called into the office on Saturday or Sunday (or are already Downtown enjoying, say, one of its kid-friendly activities) remember brunch is available too!
808 Chestnut St., kaldiscoffee.com
Looking for something else? Check out one of these family-friendly Downtown establishments…
- Park Avenue Coffee, 417 N. 10th St., parkavenuecoffee.com
- Washington Avenue Post, 1315 Washington Ave., facebook.com/washingtonavepost
- Blondie’s, 1301 Washington Ave., blondiesstl.com
- Tortilla Grille, 201 N. 6th St., facebook.com/Tortilla-Grille-182663585128239
- Pickle’s Deli, 200 N. Broadway #110, picklesdelistl.com
- Red Door Chinese Eatery, 217 N. 7th St., reddoorstlouis.com
- Bamboo Bistro, 214 N. 4th St., bamboobistrostl.com
- Medina Mediterranean Grill, 1327 Washington Ave., medinagrill.com
- Caruso’s Deli, 1000 Washington Ave., carusosdelistl.com
- Taze Mediterranean Street Food, 626 Washington Ave. #103, tazestreetfood.com
- Snarf’s Sandwiches, 614 Washington Ave., eatsnarfs.com
- Sugarfire Smoke House BBQ, 605 Washington Ave., sugarfiresmokehouse.com
- Yiro/Gyro, 750 Locust St., yirogyro.com
- Rosalita’s Cantina, 1235 Washington Ave., rosalitascantina.com
Need more Downtown St. Louis activities? Check out more #mySTL Downtown Guides on topics like nightlife, food and cocktails, and family destinations. Nominate your favorite spots on social media using #mySTL and tagging @mySTLcity.